The CDC and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services are frequently updating their websites to provide information preparation, prevention, and treatment of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has also issued a memorandum granting flexibilities for Medicare Advantage and Part D plans to waive certain requirements to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These flexibilities include:
· Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 tests
· Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatments in doctor’s offices or emergency rooms and services delivered via telehealth
· Removing prior authorizations requirements
· Waiving prescription refill limits
· Relaxing restrictions on home or mail delivery of prescription drugs
· Expanding access to certain telehealth services
Please contact the customer service number for your Supplement, Medicare Advantage and Part D plan for details specific to the insurance company providing your coverage.